One blazing hot summer day two children were playing out side looking for bugs. The two children’s names were Mandy and Brook. Mandy had blond hair, blue eyes and loved animals. Mandy always wore a bandana around her neck. She would never take it off. Brook had brown hair, blue eyes and loved writing. He was always ether writing or looking for bugs. One day just an ordinary day, Brook was looking for bugs. Brook found a bigger grasshopper than normal. It was a green and white striped one. Brook thought it was so cool. He showed it to his sister Mandy. She thought it was so cool too. She showed it to her parents. When her mother looked into Mandy’s little hands her mother saw nothing. She said, “Oh Mandy you have such a good imagination.” “But mom!” Mandy said. “It really is true.” She asked her dad. He said the same thing. Mandy and Brook were flabbergasted! Was this grasshopper magic? Brook all of a sudden started talking. “What if there are unicorns and dragons and giants existing in the real world Mandy?” “What if…” “No more what ifs!” Mandy interrupted. Brook started doodling unicorns on his math page. That night when Mandy went to bed, Mandy thought and thought and thought. But she couldn’t find out what this thing could be. That day Mandy walked to school. She decided to get a book about grasshoppers. That same day she got an F on her math test. But she studied grasshoppers. After school Mandy climbed up into her favorite tree and read for hours. Later that day you wouldn’t believe what brook found. A purple UNICORN with a long braided tail. They kept it in their backyard. Brook and Mandy found out that the the only ones who could see the magical creatures were them. The next day a blood red colored dragon appeared. It had a mean personality. The next day a giant with chicken pox came to our back yard. That same sunny day Mandy’s powers started to fade. She felt sad. Brook could still see them though. But Mandy knew they were still there.
The End
Supercallafragilisticexpaledoshis
THE LIFE & TIMES OF RYAN KEITH FROM AGE 31 TO 32
10 years ago


6 comments:
Wow!!!!! I love it Abby! You write with such vivid detail! I was so drawn into your story! I love that there are no more "what if's!" Keep up the good work! I always look forward to reading your stories!
I am so glad you posted another story. I check almost everyday. I really am glad you put a unicorn in your story, they are my most favorite. I did get a little uneasy about the blood red dragon, but I kept read even though. Thanks for inviting me to read your stories. XOXOX
I just read the story to Kenny and Chey. Kenny said he loved how the pictures came to life. And that there was a grasshopper with stripes. He really liked it. Chey kept saying is there monsters in our backyard as she looked out the window. :) Kenny asked if you could write a story about a horse trying to catch a squirrel? No pressure. :)
Good one Abby! That was awesome! I love stories about magic and especially about magical characters that not every one can see---just a special few!! Miss you! xoxo
Grandma Madsen introduced me to a very wonderful and imaginative Grandaughter today and I am so happy that she did. My very own Abby Dabby. Do you know what I thought about while I was reading both the wonderful stories? The book on houses you have that shows us that it is the inside that is so special. You are a very imaginative writer. Your stories made me smile. Please, please never stop saying "what if". You do a very good job of creating word pictures. I can see a "blood red colored dragon with a mean personality". And, oh my heavens,I think a "giant with chicken pox" needs a doctor with a GIANT HEART like "Mandy with blond hair, blue eyes who loves animals". I'll bet she could get him better in no time. I hope she keeps her powers long enough to fix him with a little love and majic I bet she still has. Please see if you can help her regain her powers. That would be so sad if she lost them. Please write a story about Brook and Mandy helping each other keep the majic world alive so we can read how love and "what ifs" can heal chicken pox and help a dragon with a mean personality be happy. Maybe the mean personality comes from being scared or hurt. I hope kids or other majical animals didn't pick on him just because he was "blood red". Maybe they were afraid of such a scary color. See if you can help your majical world see it is more like "candy apple red." I can't wait to here what happens!
I love Lesla's Imaginary World. Do you know that when I was in college I took a class on "Art Appreciation" which includes writing, music, painting and sculpture to name a few. I don't remember my Profesors name, but she made a very profound impact on me. She was so sad that the majic we have can leave us and what a terrible thing that is. You have brought the majic back to me today and I want to thank you very much. Please don't let yours die. I think it is terrible that Mandy's powers started to fade. I hope she can light a bright loving flame to get it back before it fades any more. I think I know someone that could help her right now before it is too late--don't you? I think I remember how one of my favorite primary songs taught me "that I've got a little gospel light and I'm going to let it shine. Hide it under a basket NO!, I'm going to let it shine, let it shine, all the time, let it shine." I think that is just the medicine needed, don't you. Lesla has some very delightful animals that get to eat such fun food. I wish I could meet her big blue whale that shoots lollie pops out of it's blow hole that you can eat anytime you want!! I wonder if it is so majic that you can eat all you want and not get a stomic ache or FAT. How cool is that? But do you know what? I can not believe that such a wonderful girl would not have any friends. Maybe she is having so much fun with her imaginary animals that she has not had time to let other kids know how wonderful she is--she would have many, many friends if they knew. Please let me know how she shares all that love with other kids and her majical world. I want to smile some more when you "fill my head with nonsense". I love it. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful heavenly place with me. Does Lesla find Mysterious? I'm glad her animals told her what happened. I'll bet Lesla can show them that every time you love more that your love gets bigger and stronger. They probably did not know that she would even have more love for them. Not less. What happens to Mysterious? I hope Lesla finds Rosy's address from her mom. When you make friends they can still be good friends even when they move away. Please let me know if you find her and write, email, talk on the phone; and tell me all about where she lives and the fun new things you share. Thanks again for making me smile and feel all the majic and love you have inside. I love you, and your GIANT light and love inside has made my love grow. Your Heavenly Father has blessed you with wonderful loving parents and you have developed a very big talent of writing stories that make those of us that read them feel very, very good! I hope we hear about some more of that "nonsense" soon. I love it! Grandpa Madsen.
Holy cow Abby-SO fun! You are very creative. And Mandy was my favorite character! Nice name choice :) I love that you keep writing stories--I'll have to keep checking them.
Post a Comment