This Sunday I was sent home from church to clean the house until it was spotless. I had 3 hours of cleaning the house. I scrubbed the counter tops, emptied the dishwasher, cleaned the backyard, picked up poop, dusted the living room, cleaned the living room, vacuumed the whole house, organized the computer area, made every ones bed, changed the laundry folded it and put it away. Now I know how mom feels. I also put little card for every one that said stuff like I made your bed Abby, and a little candy taped to it. I then looked at the clean house and thought. I am so lucky to have a house, and a family and then I turned some church music on to listen to. Then a couple tears came down my check as I saw Lincoln come home to tell me about what he learned. When Mom came through the door she said she missed me at church and said that her lesson went great.
This Thanksgiving I hope that you remember the things you have and are grateful for. Think of your family and what others don't have. Remember that your Heavenly Father gives you blessings and watches over you and loves you. He also loves others that aren't going to have a big thanksgiving dinner. Think of the things you can do to be better and not be selfish and always want more and more. I hope all of you have a Happy Thanksgiving.
THE LIFE & TIMES OF RYAN KEITH FROM AGE 31 TO 32
10 years ago


4 comments:
Abby Dabby!! You were sent home from church??!! AH OH!! BUT.....it sounded like you had quite the experience at home by yourself!! OH MY GOODNESS, you are SUCH an incredible and awesome girl!! You totally AMAZE me with how MATURE and THOUGHTFUL and SPIRITUAL you are at such a young age! What you wrote made ME cry!! (not to mention what a GREAT WRITER you are)
THANK YOU for writing this today!! You HUMBLE ME, as your Grandmother!! Thanks for being YOU! You make me want to be a better person!
LOVE YOU! xoxo
This is from Grandpa:
"Wow Abby Dabby! You not only beat me jogging, but remind me of how thankful I should be. I love you and can't wait to see you again! Grandpa "
Such a SWEET POST!! Oh my goodness. Braden even said, "that is pretty amazing," after reading what you posted. We love you Abby. Keep being you, and yes mommies do a lot...but ESPECIALLY your mommy. Don't ever forget that. I'm grateful for YOU as my niece and as a wiser older cousin for Brightyn. I'll remember to be extra grateful because of you!
Thank you Abby, that was wonderful. We love you to pieces. Remind your mom we want you kids to come hang out again while her and your Dad go out. :) (P.S. I'm still blown away by your instant drumming skills)
I'm so glad that you are getting so familiar with the spirit and its workings already. That will bless you your whole life, as well as all the lives around you.
Post a Comment